Helsan från Finland - den Gamla Sunwind clubben

Här finns alla gamla inlägg som inte syns, av någon anledning.

Moderator: admin

admin
Site Admin

Re: Helsan från Finland - den Gamla Sunwind clubbe

Post by admin »

It is allways good with history Lauri!<br>Thanks for your re-cap about Sunwind as a brand and the finnish Sailclub around Sunwind! [b:22sy2z6c]Very interesting![/b:22sy2z6c]<br><br>As you might have seen already we have a link to Nykarleby and the warft there. I dont know if it's available in english or finnish, but here is the link anyway: [url=http://www.nykarlebyvyer.nu/SIDOR/TEXTE ... m:22sy2z6c][b:22sy2z6c]Båtbygge i Nykarleby[/b:22sy2z6c][/url:22sy2z6c]
- Andreas 8)
Administratör, Sunwindklubben.se
Lauri Hirvonen

Re: Helsan från Finland - den Gamla Sunwind clubbe

Post by Lauri Hirvonen »

Hello Olle<br><br>It has been several years from my last visit to this Sunwindklubben web-site.<br><br>Now I did see your comments.<br><br>I have visited several times the Sunwind boat factory (I have some videos, how Sunwind boats were manufactured). Also I did speak a lot with the factory manager. He told the history of Sunwind to me.<br><br>When the Sunwind Yachts went banckrupt, very soon after the factory manager died away. I feel, he had put so much energy to make Sunwinds and it was sad to see it to end, not because the boat but because he had bad dealer in Helsinki (Helsingfors) who did not pay the boats he sold to customers and he did not pay to the manufacturer. It was a big loss for Sundwind Yachts.<br><br>The good news is, Sunwind boats have good reputation in Finland and their second hand pricess are keeping well the value.<br><br>I sold my boat away spring 2005 as I had no time to do sailing anymore (because of my other daywork business). It was easy to sell and the new owner is happy with Sunwind 311 Sailboat.<br><br>One good memory I have when I met the designer of Sunwind boats: Tor Sunden. He visited my boat and wrote nice text into my logbook.<br><br>Br. Lauri